Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Loose-Fitting Clothes--What to Do?

The night before surgery, I looked long and hard at the clothes hanging in my closet. My surgery instructions recommended that I wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes that would not rub against the bandaging. That was a tall order as all I have are clothes that actually fit nicely about my trim frame. Suits, dresses, blouses, pants--none of them loose.

The only thing I could come up with were black scrubs. I had once worked as a massage therapist at a day spa that required workers to wear only maroon or black scrubs. After I quit, I began using them as PJs.

When Aaron saw my outfit, he quipped, "Is that how you're going to make your escape?"

He's so quick and so funny. "I don't know if that will work," I said. "The doctors wear light blue, and the nurses generally wear ones with goofy prints. Besides, when is the last time you saw a slim nurse?"

1 comment:

"theplantonicfriend" said...

A slim (male or female) nurse? Oxymoron. Isnt it ironic, the majority of those in Healthcare are themselves in need of a fitness/diet routine.

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive