Sunday, January 04, 2009

Evidence of Alien Abduction



Here it is--proof positive of alien abduction! I went to bed last night without a mark on my calf, and I woke up this morning with these scrapes. Now a casual observer might remark that these are nothing but the result of my nails scratching my legs during my sleep.

But look again: The upper set of scratches consists of six lines. If they were from my nails, there would be four lines. Perhaps five, but as you can see with your own fingers, if the thumb is included, it is not in alignment with the other four fingers and so would not produce five parallel lines as the thumb is perpendicular to the plane of the fingers. And either way, that doesn't explain six equidistant lines.

Now I have woken up on other nights to find scratches, cuts, or bruises. But these have all been small and were easily dismissed. But this is significant.

Also note the lower set of scratches. Not sure if it's clear in the photo, but the lower marks are not lines but circles. The first row--the one nearest the front of my body--consists of two circles, followed by another row of two, but with the first circle equidistant between the circles of the first row. The third row consists of three circles, and the fourth of another three circles, the middle one being dark red. The fifth row has one dark circle directly opposite the dark circle in row four. And then the sixth row is a single circle. It's conceivable--though not probable--that my fingers could have scratched the top set of lines. But how do fingernails make circles of the same size?

What's more, I wore scrubs to bed last night. The snug-fitting pants are not made to inch up my leg and expose skin. In fact, they are so snug that I cannot easily roll up the pants leg to my knee. And I certainly don't have the kind of sharp nails that would be necessary to draw blood through clothing. Also, the pant leg was not cut or in any way damaged.

Hmmm...This is all very interesting, especially considering my post of Dec. 13, "You Know You're Desperate When..." in which I wrote of my fantasy of being abducted by space aliens who would replace my in-need-of-assistance organs with brand-new ones cooked up in their med labs just for me.

When I showed my son the evidence, he asked if I had learned anything from the aliens. I thought for a moment, then answered, "Yes, I sure would have thaought that with their advanced technology, they'd have a less dramatic way to take a blood sample!"

2 comments:

CB said...

Wow! That is cool! If you look at the top set of scratches (the lines) you could have scratched four, and then two, because one on the far side is farther away from the others. But the circles are really strange!! What if they made a clone of you? Ha! Awesome (not awesome because of your cuts, but awesome that you have some proof!)!

Heidi's heart said...

Hi, CB,

Thanks for your comment. The scratches are a bit close together, as I do not have pointy, manicured nails but just what I do with a nail clipper. Not really sharp. Rather curved and tame.

And, yes, the circles are very strange.

This has not happened since.

Best to you,
Heidi

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive