Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pre-op Tests Scheduled for Next Monday

I received a call from UCLA around 3 this afternoon. Suzanne said that my pre-op tests are scheduled for next Monday. These include blood tests, EKG, and observation of vital signs by a nephrologist. I will know if I passed by next Thursday.

Also on Monday I will meet with the surgeon, who will give his provisional OK to surgery. His final approval is dependent upon the results of the pre-op tests.

So, by next Thursday I should know if I am having surgery or if I am taken off the transplant list. So next Monday's tests are a huge turning point in my life. The results of these tests will determine whether I live a fairly normal, dialysis-free life with a new kidney or I am removed from the list and forced to die on dialysis.

If anyone has any practices, meditations, prayers, incantations, or healing modalities to suggest, this would be the time to do it. Please when you think of me during these next few days, and especially on Monday morning, see me as having a strong, vibrant heart that will pass the EKG with flying colors. My very life depends on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our best thoughts are with you.

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive