Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Prayer of Thanks for All the Prayers

If I had a dollar for everyone who has told me that he or she is praying for me, well, I'd have enough to buy a new kidney!

And it's such a range of belief systems--from fundamentalist Christian to stalwart Minnesota Lutheran to New Age, Church of Religious Science, and Taoism--that I feel I have all the bases covered. Even a few agnostics are giving prayer a whirl just for me. This last group really impresses me; they're like vegans who start eating meat to support their friend's struggling cattle industry. A classic case of an Aristotelean hierarchy of goods.

For all these prayers from beginners and old pros, I am very thankful. I know that concentrating attention on a desired aim in a loving, positive, life-affirming manner is extremely powerful. The power that can shift the thinking of those who are deciding my fate. So thanks to every last one of you for your prayers. Please keep them coming!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive