Saturday, March 21, 2009

Obama Dream

Two nights ago, I had a lucid dream about Obama. I was in his limo with him and two male staff members. We were looking for a place to have lunch, but all the restaurants were closed. I then said, "But you're the president! I'm sure a restaurant would open just to serve you."

Sure enough, the next place we stopped was agreeable to give us a table. Actually, that's quite literally all we were given--a utilitarian table, placed outside in the open air on a beach.

The president began talking policy, but I interrupted him, looked directly into his eyes, and asked, "How are you? You the person, not the figurehead?" He paused. I continued, "Because it looks to me like you could use a massage." He nodded and said that would be great.

I then quickly changed the subject and brought up something I had heard on NPR but nowhere else: that of all the politicians AIG gave money to in the 2008 campaign, Barack was the big scorer with $102,000. He looked away, said nothing, then got up to have lunch at another table.

************

In so many ways, I appreciate what Obama is doing--green projects, diplomatic overtures to Iran, streamlining the healthcare system. But we all have to realize that corporate and elite interests have their claws in him just as they have their claws in every politician. And that those claws demand blood, or should I say blood money.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive