Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy Weight Swings

Yesterday I gained more than seven pounds from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. All I can attribute this to is eating two chicken sausages. Too much salt, resulting in water retention and fluid overload.

Last night I hooked up with one green bag and one red. Green is for when things are stable, and red is for fluid overload. (Yellow is for a dehydrated state.) Generally, I use one green and one yellow, and that keeps me fairly stable. Red is pretty powerful and draws out a lot of fluid and a lot of toxins. This morning I woke up seven pounds lighter.

I'm sure there are those who are reading this and thinking how wonderful it would be to drop seven pounds while you slept. Sounds like something you'd see on an infomercial. Well, let me tell you, it's definitely not the way to go.

First off, it stretches my skin. My belly becomes distended when I'm in fluid overload, and then when it's relieved, the skin is lax. And secondly, that stretching causes my whole body to ache. I just feel tired, worn out, almost beat up after such a swing.

No, folks, the best way to lose weight is to eat right and exercise. Not like this.

**************

Last night, March 16-17, I lost 11.4 pounds. I went to bed at 142.6 and woke up at 131.2. Really don't like how I feel after such a wild swing.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive