Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Pleasure of a Cup of Tea

Even as I wrote my last post, I knew that taking a shower is hardly my only pleasure. Not by a long shot.

Right now, I'm indulging in one of my favorite things: a cup of tea, preferably Earl Grey or English breakfast. This is the latter.

It's not just the tea itself, it's the sensual pleasure of holding the cup, the heat from which warms my often-chilly hands. It's also the tent I make with my hands over the cup. I then breathe into the tea and create a mini-sauna. Ah!

All this warmth makes me feel loved. It's a cozy feeling, a deep comfort, like I'm sure it must be to share a quilt with a lover, snuggling and rubbing tootsies and noses together. I've never had this experience, but I'm sure it must be wonderful. Placing a hot cup of tea against my cheek must be something like this cozy, homey, smiling-on-a-rainy day sort of love. Until that fairy tale comes true, a good cup of tea gives me the sensation of that tender sweetness.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive