Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More Pleasures

Here are some more pleasures in my life. As these are also things I'm thankful for, this can also be seen as a gratitude list, incomplete, of course. A work in progress.

* sunshine, definitely sunshine
* a smile from a stranger
* black velvet gloves that feel so good and keep my hands warm
* fresh flowers--what a treat!
* blueberries
* mangoes
* a sweet, juicy orange
* good writing
* National Public Radio
* holding a pillow against my chest as if it were my lover
* rubbing my legs against flannel sheets
* a meal with The Son
* a hug from The Son
* watching "The Wire" with The Son (We've rented the entire four seasons of episodes from Netflix.)
* gazing upon my cacti collection on my back porch
* acupuncture appointments, especially the acupressure massage Dr. Mai gives me after he removes the needles
* birdsong
* being able to walk, climb stairs, do housework, and get dressed without panting, without having cardiac symptoms--the pleasure of doing simple things effortlessly

1 comment:

vlib said...

Hello dear Heidi,
Heather just gave me your blog address, so I can keep up with you myself. What a pleasure to read of your progress and delightful take on things good and challenging. I see that you are not quite as mobile as before, but know that my door is always open for a NoCal adventure. Hope to see your beautiful smile again soon, either at a Chick Cabin, my place, or somewhere as-yet unidentified. :-)
Feel the love,
Val

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive