Thursday, October 16, 2008

Obama Gives Me Hope--For the Bedroom

Obama is giving a lot of people hope. Hope for change. Hope for improved foreign relations. Hope for an end to this insane war. Hope for the middle class. To so much hope, I would like to add my own: the hope that not all middle-aged men are afraid of or uninterested in sex.

At 47, Barack sure seems to put some zing into his kisses for Michelle. I get a true sense that they have "something going on," that it isn't just a marriage of show but that Barack is excited about Michelle and that she's got a thing for him. This is so good to see!

For the past nine years, I have not dated one middle-aged man who was interested in sex and who could show his stuff in the bedroom. For example, for the past eight months or so, I've dated, on an off, a man who strikes me as being physical. He's a master plumber, a man who has been a Formula One race car mechanic, the kind of guy who could build a house from the ground up, someone who definitely knows how to work with his hands. He is down-to-earth and earthy. What one might call a masculine man. One would think that he would be hot to trot, but no. So often I have encouraged him to sit close to me. I have put my hand on his knee or on his thigh. I even gave him an hour massage. All to no avail. He has done nothing more than give me a few closed-mouthed pecks, sort of like what you might give your auntie.

Unfortunately, this man is the rule, rather than the exception. Actually, I have not had an exception in these past nine years. Not sure what's up. I've even consulted with my son, and he concludes that this must be a middle-aged guy thing because it's certainly not the norm for his age.

So when I see Barack kiss Michelle or make goo-goo eyes at her, I think, Maybe not all middle-aged men are uninterested. Maybe there's an Obama out there for me somewhere.

There must be at least one middle-aged guy in America who is interested in a tall, slender, good-looking, intelligent, playful blond. And not just interested in my wit and my masterful conversation skills. God, let's hope so!

1 comment:

Alexi Holford said...

Let me add to the hope Obama gives you. I am dating a 44-year-old man who has more mojo than anyone I have ever had the pleasure of being pleasured by before. He rocks my world. And all I have to do is smile at him and he has a hard on. And he sure as hell knows what to do with it. Not to mention those hands. And lips. Damn. I better stop.

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive