Thursday, November 29, 2007

Something in my Pants

When I first started wearing the insulin pump, I put it in the black, pseudo-leather case the rep had given me and attached it to my belt or the top of my skirt. The tubing protruded from the case, and I attempted to tuck it beneath my clothes as much as possible.

I did this for a week or two until I found out about the baby-sock method. I now slip the pump sans case into a baby sock and tuck it into my undies. This works especially well when I'm wearing a skirt or a dress, as my panty hose keeps the pump in place.

When I'm wearing jeans or dress slacks, however, it's a different matter. The pump starts out at my side, placed against my hip bone. After a while--especially if I'm walking quite a bit--it slips down my panties and becomes lodged in my crotch.

Sometimes I attempt to get it back in place, and I must look like a guy grabbing at his thing. In fact, with the insulin pump riding next to my hootch, I wonder if it looks like I've got something extra in my pants.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive