Saturday, May 14, 2011

News to Me: Blogspot is a Christian Hangout

In the years since I started this blog, I never before hit the "Next Blog" tab...until tonight. What an awakening! I must have scrolled through 40 of the next blogs. This was the run-down: 90 percent Christian-themed, 5 percent for family and friends only (we had pizza for lunch, Jenny took her first step, that kind of stuff), and 5 percent disease-oriented.

Granted, there must be thousands of blogs on this site, maybe tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands, who knows. And maybe I just happen to be in a Christian zone. I always thought the "next blog" was arranged alphabetically, but it must be based on date of inception or number of visitors or something else.

I don't really fit in very well with my neighbors, as I discuss a lot of things they wouldn't think to cover, like the ridiculous stories the government tells us about 9/11 and the death of Osama bin Laden. I can't imagine any of the Christian blogs questioning authority. Actually, Meister Eckhart, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., and Matthew Fox are the only Christians that I can think of off the top of my head who have questioned authority.

Oh, well, I'll leave it to you, dear readers, to bring more visitors to Heidi's heart.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive