Friday, November 06, 2009

Triple Bypass

Triple bypass surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 5:15 a.m. Prior to that, I will spend two days--Nov. 13 and Nov. 17--at the hospital in pre-op tests and consults.

One friend said I must feel scared and overwhelmed, but I actually don't. I really don't feel much at all. It just seems like another thing to do, that's all. I'm really calm about the whole thing. I sure hope no one else tries to stir up any drama or worry because I sure don't have any.

The only thing is that I have a tremendous amount of work to get done in the next 12 days. Massages to give. Mom to take care of. But mostly a lot of research and writing I must finish for a client. Whew!

Please see the surgery as going smoothly and my recovery proceeding quickly without incident. And then see me getting on the transplant list, as I was told I would not get on the list if I didn't go ahead with the bypasses. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I will get on the list even if I do the surgery.

1 comment:

Heather Clisby said...

I agree, Heidi. This is just another step toward a perfect, healed body. I see it already. Will hold you tightly in my thoughts.

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive