Sunday, July 12, 2009

If Rasputin Were a Man

If Rasputin were a man, I would have told him about an hour into the relationship to go to work, get a life, stop thinking I'm his be all and end all. If a man followed me around the apartment, was fascinated by everything--and I mean everything--that I did, constantly stared at me, and whined with separation anxiety when I took out the garbage, I'd be over him so quickly. But as it's a dog that's doing this, it's a whole different story.

Right now he's lying in the recliner about four inches away from the desk. He used to lie on the floor behind the recliner and look up at me as I typed. Just now he discovered that he could jump into the recliner and be that much closer to his beloved.

He's dropping into a snooze. No doubt he's dreaming about the next time Heidi will rub his belly or scratch his head or give him a whole bunch of love. The little guy is absolutely obsessed.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive