Saturday, February 21, 2009

My New Decor



How do you like my new decor? It's the therapy look. Pictured here is the cycler, the machine I hook up to at night. Also the side table that I used at first, before I bought my spiffy therapy table on wheels, with shelves for surgical masks, gynecological towelettes for cleaning my hands before hooking up; clamps; gauze; hydrogen peroxide; rolls and rolls of medical tape; and a dialysis bag connector.



And here's the collection jug and the container with bleached, white towels that I place on my lap when doing the hook-up so that the transfer set doesn't rub up against my germ-laden attire. One towel per day because any item that sits out collects dirt and germs.



On the days I took these photos, my supplies were tucked under my bed. But when I receive an order of dialysis bags, antibacterial caps for the transfer set, tubing, and all the rest, not everything fits under the bed, and I have boxes stacked in the living room and up against the bedroom walls. I asked for and was granted a bimonthly--rather than a monthly--shipment. Thank goodness because otherwise there would be no room for me inside my apartment!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Southern California, United States
Perhaps my friend Mark summed me up best when he called me "a mystical grammarian." I am quite a mix--otherworldly, ethereal and in touch with "the beyond," yet prone to being very precise and logical, when need be. Romantic in the big-canvas meaning of the word, I see the world as an adventure, as a love poem, as a realm of beauty and wonder.

Blog Archive